Thursday, December 27, 2012

(some of) What really happened during our Christmas getaway.

Restoration of the Iceboat wasn't completed, so there was none of that  over slush & water stuff hapnin (the Lake was barely frozen) but we raced these terrible junky cars on an oval track. I don't think we ever exceeded 90 km/h w/ our tires somewhat deflated for better traction on the "inclemency". The cars had no glass, like demo derby cars, but they DID have lights. Sherri and I had '70s Toyotas and there were several small-series Honda Civics. Our host Dave drove a Datsun (remember that name once used by Nissan?) pickup which was pretty quick! This
had to be the first time I'd driven a car unaccompanied since the previous millennium and despite the modest speeds, it WAS fun! I hope we get to do this again next year. ~ The food was too good -- I had to limit my portional  intake to keep to myweightlossdiet.ca ~ All in all, a GREAT 3 1/2 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment